need help

jareds99slobra

Established Member
The other night i spun out and hit the curb with my front right rim. no need to go into detail about what happened but ever since there has been a popping/squeaking noise coming from suspension on that side of the car. i took it and had it looked at the machanic said everythign looked fine but the noise is bugging the hell out of me, it does it everytime i hit a bump and around here thats every few inches on these roads. anybody got any ideas of what it could be? im guessing shock/strut but idk.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
the mechanic said they looked fine. i guess ill look at it when i get a chance. i go to school and work and dont have alot of time to do it. but thanks ill pull the wheel off tonight and look. nice color btw

K2AHollywood

Established Member
I agree with 01fordcobra and I would say ball joint = annoying squeek everytime you hit a bump. A ball joint can still 'look fine' but can be shot, or in need of a re-greasing. Also since you sai no need to go into detail I want to know what the story is behind this - sounds like its probably a good one :pop:

jareds99slobra

Established Member
well it was raining and i decided to try drifting in the cobra and it got a little out of hand.lol needless to say here i am now and my rims bent and somethings up with my suspension. i looked at everything today and tried some diffrent things. the only thing i can think it can be is the shock/strut.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
lol it happens. Get it on an alignment lift and start bouncing the trouble corner, should produce the sound as if you were hitting bumps and help you isolate the cause.

Bart7279

Established Member
Have you checked the Inner Tie Rod. I know when mine was damaged it made a click/snap/popping sound with every bump I hit. Could have messed it up when ya smacked the curb. Just tossing out another suggestion. And the Alignment Lift is a excellent idea if you have one available to ya!

jareds99slobra

Established Member
Well i did say watch this but it was followed by some f bombs instead. its ok i fixed it now. it was the strut as my mechanic had suggested. i replaced it and noise is gone. thanks for all the jokes guys.

Users who are viewing this thread