Need help

jerardogav

Established Member
So I was finishing up my electric fan install just needed a switch to turn them on manually. I found 12V on a wire that goes to a "black thing" on the brake pedal its a white with a stripe. Its the center one of the harness. I got it all hooked up but when I flipped the switch to turn it on a spark came out of it and the fans were still turning on and off with the switch. Then I started the truck to move it and it would not release the shifter also the interior lamps are off. Looked at all the fuses but there seems to be nomore blown. So now I can't move the truck. Help pleaase and thanks.
Its the middle one on the orange harness
DSC00217.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

Last edited:

flashlight

Established Member
Just undo what you did. There is a good place to get power in the engine compartment on the passenger side of the fire wall. Just remove the curved black plastic cover. Its right under it.

LSUstang05

Established Member
This sounds a lot like what I did to mine when I was trying to do the fog light mod. I hope it's not the same thing, though. It cost me $1200 dollars to replace quite a few things (control modules for the PCM and a new harness).

jerardogav

Established Member
I also noticed that the bell when you have the key in the ignition is also off. So now I guess I have to take into the dealership. This is going to cost me.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
I'm not sure what that module is, but maybe u fried the brake light switch. Not sure if that is what it is called. Do your brake lights turn on when u press the pedal?

jerardogav

Established Member
Yes they do the brake lights work. The only fuse that was blown was one for the trailer battery power from the fuse box under the hood.

jerardogav

Established Member
Thanks everyone for your help. Got all figured out and it was the simplest thing when I was checking the fuse one by one I missed one of them and turns out it was bad. Good thing I double checked before I took it back to the stealership. Oh and thanks to Dante for his help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread