Need help :(

VoodooSNK

Established Member
Ok,

I have a small issue when accelerating. I'm not sure if it's bad gas or a spark plug issue. When I'm accelerating hard my car kind of hesitates at about 2k rpms in 2nd gear and then continues to accelerate, then in 3rd it does it again only it's closer to 4k rpms in 3rd. Right now the car still has the stock plugs and gap, I do have some TR6 Iridium's to put in it (just need to know what to gap them at). I'm going to try and datalog it and see what it's doing this saturday. But I ended up running a 12.39 @ 113 with a 2.93 upper, tune, MAC 3" cat-back, and JLT CAI.

Any suggestions? :shrug:

Last edited:

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Your datalog might help isolate the current issue with the hesitation. I can't diagnose that, but I do recommend you go ahead and change those plugs. Even if they're the right heat range (Motorcraft 22), they are factory gapped at around .052". I ran 113 MPH with the stock pulley and F1's, so your MPH looks low, unless you're running actual slicks for traction. The recommendations I've seen on this site for the TR6 gap are around the .032-.036" value for pulleyed cars. Probably toward the higher side for the 2.93.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
Yeah thanks for the advise, I'll post results. I have BFG Drag Radials and they hook very well, but I still think my MPH is low, and I suspect that it's retarding the timing (because of bad gas) so we're going to put a gallon of 110 octane and see if that helps it out.

sb03cobra

Established Member
Change the plugs, and gap them to .034

The computer can't pull timing because of bad gas, no knock sensor. Timing is pulled based on IAT2 temps.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
lemonademan said:
I know it is a small thing, but fuel filter?
I wouldn't think so, because it does it at the same RPM every time, and it has to be at WOT to really feel it.

I put some new plugs on it, I'm going to run it at the track tomorrow as well as datalog it. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread