Need Help!!!!!

flsuprabro

Wannabe
Established Member
My Cousin is selling his 96 gt and I am interested in it but dont know if it is a good deal. Here are the stats.
96 gt
saleen body kit
cowl hood
saleen double wing
h pipe
K and N air filter

He is going to send me pictures. He is asking 6,000 for it. I dont really know if it is worth it. Let me know.

lizardbreath

Banned
That seems about right for a gt with that many miles. But since he is your cousin you should ask him what repairs have been done on it and if he does regular maintenance. Cuz if he hasn't changed the oil/plugs with that many miles than that car is done for in the next 20,000.

flsuprabro

Wannabe
Established Member
See that is the thing I know that he runs his tired to nothing and I am not sure about his practice on changing the oil, but I do know this every car his father has owned has fallen apart do to maintance issues.

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
That sounds expensive for a 96. I know it's probably attractive with the exterior modifications but for that kinda mileage I think you could shop around and slide into a new edge with the PI motor. Much better starting platform IMO.

flsuprabro

Wannabe
Established Member
Yeah I decided not to get it. The blue book value on it was only 3500 and yeah the mods are cool but who knows when its going to die.

Users who are viewing this thread