Need Help!!!!

hglhndr85

Banned
ok heres the story, i have a borla catback,k&n intake,steeda tri ax and predator tune, i just ordered a pulley, i changed my plugs yesterday. i put tr-6s in it to prepare for pulley, pulley is not in or on yet i have stock pulley now, gapped at .35 car ran good last night and good this morning. i go to leave work tonight,start it adn its idling extremely rough, i let it sit adn the whole car is just shaking and i smell fuel, i pop hood adn motor looks like its about to rip it self out of the bay its shaking pretty bad, there is a whitish blue smoke pouring out of the exhaust, i try to limp it home and its running really ruff and pouring smoke and still smells like fuel i bring it back to work call a buddy, we pull the tr6s put stock one back in, the #2 cylinder plug was really black adn wet, rest were black.(tr6's). stock plugs back in we put it back together adn start it,same tihng i run the predaor for codes, it comes up with sensor running rich adn another code saying open fuel injector circuit on cylinder #2. now that all foreign to me. the car is back at my house now, we messed wit the injector harnesses and on the driver side u unplug it and it tries to stall like it would normaily wen u pull fuel, on the pass side u unplug it adn notihng happens almost like notihngs hooked up., im clueless adn this is my daily driver, anyone have any help??? ides? the car is pouring out fuel of the exhaust its mixed wit water, adn i opend mr gas cap and it smelld like potatoes,??

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Time for a leakdown test, sounds like you have potential piston/ring damage. You can probably put a meter on a few injectors and take resistance mesurement in Ohms, they should all be pretty close to each other, my guess is number 2 is way out of whack compared to the rest. If the injector went and that cylinder ran lean it could have built up excessive heat accompanied by detonation and trashed the piston/rings in that cylinder without harming the rest..

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I basically covered that, sounds like a failed injector. Ohm them out and you will probably find #2 reads much different than the rest indicating a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread