Need Help!!!

Tonka Toy

Established Member
I bought a set of Lakewood traction bars from Summit back in March. I tried to put them on in June before FFW but they didn't fit right away and I was too lazy to mess with the shims. I'm going to sell my truck so I don't need the bars anymore. I sold them to a guy local to me and he calls me a couple hours after and says that they bars do not fit Lightnings. Well, I can't find another set anywhere other than the ones that I bought. So, my question is, what model number Lakewood Traction Bars do you guys have that have them? The ones that I ordered are 21715. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Dave

Tonka Toy

Established Member
He didn't try to put them on yet. He just looked up the model on Summit's website and saw that they said that they don't fit Lightnings.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
LTNG FST said:
He didn't try to put them on yet. He just looked up the model on Summit's website and saw that they said that they don't fit Lightnings.

that should answer any question you have about them then. call him and phone slap him for me for being such a moron. i've got them, they fit, and if he still says they don't fit then tell him to do a search here or he is just SOL :eek: for being a dumbass.
:pop:

Tonka Toy

Established Member
CHIZ said:
that should answer any question you have about them then. call him and phone slap him for me for being such a moron. i've got them, they fit, and if he still says they don't fit then tell him to do a search here or he is just SOL :eek: for being a dumbass.
:pop:

Wow. You seem a little hostile about it. I have to stick up for him also because I tried to put them on myself but didn't really have the time to mess with the shims. They did fit the truck that just weren't sitting correctly. I'll let him know what everybody says and see what he thinks. Thanks again.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I started in on my install but it looked like it would take some time to get them adjusted right, plus I want some long bars so now Im just gonna sell mine and upgrade to some long bars. But they did fit and I bought mine from summit too - part #21715... Stan

Users who are viewing this thread