Need Help!!!...

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I need your help people. Last night I raced my neighbor down the street in his 97' Z28. Well the first time my truck ran good, and I beat him by about two trucks. Than when we went the 2nd time my truck bogged and it seemed like it was misfiring. It seemed as if it was hitting the rev limiter, but it wasn't that. Funny thing is that it only happend from the launch till about I'd say 40 mph than it ran fine. Well I tried going out this morning and seeing what it would do, and it happened again. One of my friends said it might be the gas. I am using 91 octane, however it is from a cheap gas station. What should I do? What do you guys think happened? My truck is stock, other than the k&n filter. Thanks in advance for your help. :(

OH-MAN

Established Member
More info needed. When was the fuel filter changed last? how many miles on truck?
Perhaps the torque reduction is happening between the 1-2 shift.
What do the plugs look like?

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
might be the plugs, check them. Also change the fuel filter, i didnt change mine for about 20k miles. After changing it i noticed a big difference. Now i know your supposed to change it every 6k miles....not 30k

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
my truck is a 00'. So than I should change the spark plugs, or should i tighten them. Since I know the problem with this year and them spitting plugs. I will change the plugs n fuel filter tomorrow see what happens. The truck has 68000 miles. Thanx for the advice.

built93cobra

BIG GIB
Established Member
I had this problem too, but it was more of a stutter and I didn't drive it for 2 weeks and got back in it and it didn't do it anymore. I am going to go ahead an put new NGKTR6 plugs in it, and change the fuel filter, but I was told by several people that it could be the coil pack. Good luck, and let us know what it was.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Well I went to Autozone and checked prices on the plugs. Which should I get? I was thinking Denzo Iridium's. Also which fuel filter is best? How are those NGKTR6 mentioned above?

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
thanx for the support guys. I ordered the NGK Iridium IX plugs. Should take a couple of days for delivery, and I am going to change the fuel filter. The truck will be garaged until I change them. Another question though. Which fuel filter should I get?

Users who are viewing this thread