Need help

Michael Caldwell

Established Member
I'm a little new to the cobras. I've only owned mine for about 4 months so I dont know alot yet. I'm looking to change my pulley to a much smaller one. By doing so do I have to upgrade the fuel system at all or get it tuned?

testorossa1989

Established Member
There's a sticky up top to Cobra Bobs page with a database of all that information.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
No upgrade to fuel system necessary. Yes, you need to get it tuned.

You'll want/need to swap the idler pulleys. I'd get the 4pc idler set with snub idler bracket for better belt tension (both billetflow and metco make good kits).

You'll also need to swap spark plugs. Most people go with the NGK TR6 plugs.

You may have to upgrade injectors and the MAF. My tuner didn't require it, and i haven't had any issues with the stock setup but it might be good to have them just in case. I know some people ping the maf after a tune so i guess it doesn't hurt to have it.

You'll also need a flash programmer for the tune. Most go with an SCT X3 or SCT X4

Last edited:

HPLouis

Established Member
I would keep it simple. Get a 2.93 or 3.1 pulley. Get a 74.5 inch belt. Get NGK TR6’s and gap them at .035. Get your 3 accessory pullies replaced with some heavier duty ones because the stockers can fall apart, and, finally, a good dyno tune and keep the X4. With a 3.1, you won't need to worry about a BAP, MAF upgrade or an injector upgrade. With the 2.93, you may need to check.

Later on, you can then add your favorite mid pipe, cat back and intake for even more power.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I would keep it simple. Get a 2.93 or 3.1 pulley. Get a 74.5 inch belt. Get NGK TR6’s and gap them at .035. Get your 3 accessory pullies replaced with some heavier duty ones because the stockers can fall apart, and, finally, a good dyno tune and keep the X4. With a 3.1, you won't need to worry about a BAP, MAF upgrade or an injector upgrade. With the 2.93, you may need to check.

Later on, you can then add your favorite mid pipe, cat back and intake for even more power.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

He can probably get a 2.76" pulley and still not worry about the injectors, MAF, or bap.

My tuner at VMP actually requested that i keep the stock injectors, even with my 2.76". The MAF is a rare exception, but he said the stock one usually has no issues.

HPLouis

Established Member
He can probably get a 2.76" pulley and still not worry about the injectors, MAF, or bap.

My tuner at VMP actually requested that i keep the stock injectors, even with my 2.76". The MAF is a rare exception, but he said the stock one usually has no issues.

He probably can. I’ve tried all 3 pullies on my car and the A/F ratio held strong with the stock MAF, FP and inj. I just decided that I wanted some headroom and stuck with the 3.10. He’ll need the dyno, tuner and wideband to make sure that his car can handle it and to also see what his tolerance is. I decided that the over 95% FP and inj DC was too much for me with the 2.76 to take comfortably so I stuck with the 3.1. I flirt with the 2.93 at times, but I was a little uneasy with the 2.76.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread