Need Help!

97Snake1668

Amazon Racing-None Better
Established Member
I went to put on my 6lb lower today and for the life of me I could not get that lower pully to pop loose. I know you have to go clockwise, use a big breaker bar, and really give it a good pull. There was three of us pulling on this bar and we actually managed to break the breaker bar. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to get the lower to pop to start loosening? I left the car in gear and put the parking brake on and it still turned the wheels. I finally stuck a screwdriver between the pulley and the cage and that stopped things from turning but it wouldnt break free! Please any help you can give would be greatly apprecitated because I want to get it done tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Semper Fi,
Kris

jeffsvt

Established Member
Damn that suck Kris . I hope you have a better luck today !

Back to the font page maybe you will get some views .

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Pull harder or get a bigger bar. It will come off, it is just really, really tight. Many others have had the same problem, but all of them eventually got that bolt loose.
It is difficult but doable.
Instead of the screwdriver, try having someone stand on the brakes with the car in gear. Some have used 4th others have used first gear. Whatever works for you.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread