Need Help

ktulu1984

Established Member
So I put my gauge mode on the multi view window that shows the boost in number form, not the gauge with the needle, and I noticed that I am running 17-18 PSI on full throttle. I was under the assumption that my car had factory pulleys and should only be pushing 15PSI. Is there a way to tell if the pulleys are factory? I got a PN from the belt, it is DR3V-8620-BA and also has 10PK2125. I did some dyno pulls from what I thought was stock, and then after installing some mods. My baseline was 617hp/598tq and after the mods in my sig, it was 715hp/675tq. I thought they were a little high, but a pulley might explain the numbers. Any advice would be great.

Last edited:

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
Take the belt off and mic the supercharger pulley. If it's less than 2.7, you have your answer.

Kenneth

Established Member
Probably had a pulley swap done to it.
That's the boost I see with a 2.4 pulley on mine

ktulu1984

Established Member
Looking with a measuring tape on the front of the pulley, it looks like 2 11/16 where the belt sits on the pulley, so that would be bout 2.7 if I could get a good measurement. It's definitely not smaller that 2 1/2, the bottom pulley looks factory, but it's hard to tell. It's got rust starting to show on it, and it's painted black from what I can see. Does anyone else see higher that 15 PSI with stock pulleys?

David Neibert

Established Member
Looking with a measuring tape on the front of the pulley, it looks like 2 11/16 where the belt sits on the pulley, so that would be bout 2.7 if I could get a good measurement. It's definitely not smaller that 2 1/2, the bottom pulley looks factory, but it's hard to tell. It's got rust starting to show on it, and it's painted black from what I can see. Does anyone else see higher that 15 PSI with stock pulleys?

Might have a 10% crank pulley...If it says ATI or Innovators West on the crank pulley/balancer it's not stock.

David

Snoopy49

Established Member
Could you run aftermarket pulleys with the stock belt and no aftermarket tensioner pulleys?

carguy19

Established Member
You need to measure the surface of the pulley that the belt rides in to get the right size.

Sounds like the car has either a upper pulley or a lower on it. Can you see the lower pulley?

Evil_E

Established Member
You need to measure the surface of the pulley that the belt rides in to get the right size.

Sounds like the car has either a upper pulley or a lower on it. Can you see the lower pulley?

x3. Now the first concern that comes to mind for me is if it does have a upper or lower pulley on it, how long has it been running with a stock tune on that setup? What kind of damage can be done running an upper or lower pulley without a tune.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Can you run the stock belt with after market pulleys. The belt he listed is the stock belt.

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
Can you run the stock belt with after market pulleys. The belt he listed is the stock belt.
I believe all you need is a 90 millimeter idler to run the stock belt with an aftermarket pulley.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Here is pics from what I can see.
Pulley.jpg

Last edited:

Kenneth

Established Member
x3. Now the first concern that comes to mind for me is if it does have a upper or lower pulley on it, how long has it been running with a stock tune on that setup? What kind of damage can be done running an upper or lower pulley without a tune.

He has a Lund tune already, so as long as it was datalogged he should be fine with the tune.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
doesn't the track pack make it very difficult to run a OD balancer?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The upper pulley does look a little smaller, it could be a 2.5 upper, the most accurate why to tell if you have a different upper is to remove the belt and mic the pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread