Need help with XBOX 360...

nhancedsvt

Established Member
ok so i've had my 360 since they first came out but due to living in the boondocks i've never tried to use xbox live. well now i am away at school where there is high speed internet but my live isn't working. at first i thought the school may have been blocking it but at least 10 of my friends are using it with no problem. i then called xbox support and the school's tech support. the school told me it should work and xbox told me it should work, but it still doesn't! i have tried running the test for connection and it will connect to everything (the IP, and everything else) but when it tries to connect to live it takes a while and then it says the connection failed. does anyone have any idea what this could be? thanks for any help

SteveChris

Established Member
how is it connected? straight to the internet?
i had an issue where my router broke and i rarely use live so when i want to i unplug the ethernet from my computer and plug it right into the xbox..no router. This confuses things because the MAC address for both are different. so i got the mac address for my computer (start run 'cmd' then run the command ipconfig)
and in the xbox settings you can have it fake a different mac address. so i can seamlessly switch them. sometimes a school might only allow one mac address to be connected. i lived in a furnished apt once and the internet they provided only allowed one address. so i had to use this same trick for it to work

nhancedsvt

Established Member
where would i find this address at? i am really not good with computers. plus wouldn't everyone else have to do the same thing? because i have literally unplugged someone's whose was working and plugged in mine and nothing

Users who are viewing this thread