Need help with XBOX 360 to LCD Monitor issue

kball

Banned
Well, I recently bought a 360 and read online that I could buy a VGA by Microsoft to hook up to my LCD computer monitor to get a HD picture. I'm over in Korea right now in the dorms, so no, I'm not going to buy a HD TV. I figured I could make due with this. Well, I bought the cable today, hooked it up and when I hook it up to the monitor and turn on the xbox, it automatically changes the resolution to 640 x 420. It doesn't look that good at all. I thought to get at least 720i equivalent, the resolution had to be at least 1024 x 768? Can I somehow change it on the monitor or through the xbox. I read the manual with no prevail though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SpectorV

Established Member
may just be that its a console and most play on tv and tv's look like crap? Im sure there is a way to boost it up, does it say anything in the manual about resolution settings.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Isnt it in the system settings somewhere. You arent having and PAL versus NTSC issues are you....

kball

Banned
Thanks, I found it. Now the damn audio doesn't work. I plugged the red/white audio component connections into my t.v. even-still no workie. Argh....

IllestSVT

Established Member
My VGA cable from microsoft came with an adapter for the red/white audio cables. Looks like a headphone jack on the end that plugs into the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread