need help with x-pipe problem

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
installed offroad xpipe on a 94 cobra from upr, everything went fine except there is a pipe that comes off the rear cats and back to the engine compartment, it is 1" OD. it looks to be maybe the egr pipe or something, but i don't know, i ended up and just plugged it off where it goes back to a rubber hose. can anyone help me with this, is it okay to plug it off? there were no provisions for that pipe on the UPR x-pipe.

any help is appreciated
thanks
brandon

4valvemach

Established Member
That tube is for the smog pump on the 5.0 engine if you still have it hooked up.If you want and still have the smog pump you can hook the line back up if not just bypass the pump and cap the line in the Xpipe.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
I just disconnected the pipe where it goes into a rubber hose and plugged it right there and discarded of the metal pipe going to the cat. Can I leave it like this or actually "need" to bypass the pump. Can any damge be done by doing what I explained?

4valvemach

Established Member
most people crush the end of the pipe coming off the X/Hpipe and weld it closed unsure of how you "capped" it.I cannot recall seeing a working smog pump since most Ive seen are bypassed.I would think you would hear some air sound coming out of the tube from the smog pump with the engine running:shrug:

You can run a short belt or get a smog delete pulley $60-$90 and keep the OE length belt

Users who are viewing this thread