Need help with what pulley to go with???

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I know this question has been asked 100000000000 times but i was wondering what type of set up should i go with? This is my daily driver and is going to be for atleast 6 more months. I originally wanted to go with a 2.93 upper but will i take a risk going with a 2.80? what about the stock upper and changing the lower? Eventualy i'm going with a bigger blower option so i don't need to make a ton of power but what would probably be the safest and easiest on the motor?LOL i'm pretty confused as to what i should do and need a little bit of insight here.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I just purchased the 2.93 with 4 idler set-up from Billetflow. I think that size is the happy middle between too big and too small. Just right IMO :beer:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I think the 2.81 would be a better choice. I was running that for some time and I liked it. When I got my eaton ported, I went with a 6# lower with a 3.1 upper. Lots of low end torque and fun!

ModsAway

Established Member
I say go 2.8/2.76 and be done with it. If you are planning an aftermarket blower clearly you want the most out of your cobra.

Slap on a HE to help cool down the extra heat from the smaller pulley.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
well i got the 2.95 rr non slip from a fellow MACA member. I figure this would be enough for now if i want more i can slap a 2# lower on it. I'm not in a huge hurry for power becuase i know i will eventualy have it in a year or two. This is just to give it a little bit more git up and go before i do the major build. Thanks for your help and i go back today to get it tuned. (went saterday but do to a bad fuel filter making my fuel pressure go up and down like a rollercoaster at 5200 rpms. Put a new one in sunday and its round 2 to see if it had fixed the problem. The filter was defenitly clogged up a little bit.)

ModMike1572

Established Member
I think soon im gunna change to a 2.93 upper/4LB lower.... Lots of people say that is a good combo. Either that or stay with my 2.8 and get a 2LB lower..

davbrucas

Banned
Mrcobraguy said:
I know this question has been asked 100000000000 times but i was wondering what type of set up should i go with? This is my daily driver and is going to be for atleast 6 more months. I originally wanted to go with a 2.93 upper but will i take a risk going with a 2.80? what about the stock upper and changing the lower? Eventualy i'm going with a bigger blower option so i don't need to make a ton of power but what would probably be the safest and easiest on the motor?LOL i'm pretty confused as to what i should do and need a little bit of insight here.

so you are making those numbers in your sig with the stock pullies? :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My 2.93 is perfect for now. Once I get my blower ported I am going to throw a 4lb lower on and be done with it. I was going to throw a lower on anyhow, so buying the 2.93 to begin with just seemed like the economical thing to do at the time.

redolive

04 black SVT
Established Member
Has anyone had any mechanical failures as a result of putting a pulley on? Assuming you have a good a/f ratio is there that big of a risk? Also I am at a high elevation in UT with 91 octane max, should you be running more than 4psi+ with 91 at 5000feet?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
At 5,000 feet the air is going to be thinner, and decrease your chances of running lean significantly. With a good tune you should be perfectly fine.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
what are you some good combo with lower/upper? is it best to get something like a 2.8 upper and a 4 lower? and if i get my eaton ported would it make a difference what pulley i got?

Users who are viewing this thread