Need help with tune, new here.

rugbyinbaok

Established Member
My dad passed away and left me a 2001 Lightning that we had been working on for the last 10 years. We did a lot of appearance mods and suspension work. Lowered the truck including notching the rear. Motor is pretty much stock except for JLP plenum and single blade TB, and Bassani cat back. I have 4lb billet lower pulley I would like to install but don't know where to go to have the truck tuned. It has never been tuned. Live in Tulsa, Ok. Don't mind 2 hour drive for good work but what else will I need. Anyone help me here?

whobock

Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
Established Member
email tune. you need a lightning tuner NOT a mustang/camaro tuner. these trucks require a tuner familiar with a lightning and someone that isn't can screw up your truck fast. ask me how I know

do you have a handheld yet? get on lightning rodder and search around for a tuner of your choice

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Id get a mail order tune from Kevin MacDonald (@ JPC) or JDM. There are plenty of people that can make decent dyno numbers but not many can make a truck ET

rugbyinbaok

Established Member
Ok thanks for the response. Will buying a Diablo itune work. Or should I buy from jdm or johnny lightning and have them do it. I have never done a program before on anything. Used to the old days of tuning carbs to go fast

Users who are viewing this thread