need help with traction/suspesion

bross03cobra

Established Member
Guys,
As for most of us traction has become a major problem for me. Iam already at 430RWHP and 477RWTQ. I have a new exhaust coming in and am getting the Eaton and TB ported too. That should put me close to the 500/500 mark that I want. I want to put 4.10's in the rear and need to know if anyone can recommend a good traction setup for me. I do not want to get rid of the IRS. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Bill
PS I am planning on going from Nitto 275/40 17's to the 315's on the 17x9 wheels also

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
I've installed a lot of aftermarket parts for this.
Hop has been reduced, but no where near eliminated. Slipping the clutch helps when launching or shifting hard, but wears it out. At the track, heating up the tires helps. The 315's are good, but the improvement is not like night/day.
IMO the IRS is great for driveabilty, but a problem with traction/hop.

Good luck!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the chasis underneath your car was built for a 78 fairmont not the 03 cobra. thats actually why none of the mustangs have good traction or cornering capibilities. the best site i have found that explains why this happens for the mustang and how it can be fixed is griggsracing.com.
they tell you in plain english why the mustangs do this. now a lot of companies make compenents to fix the problems of the mustang. but it is not cheap. it takes more than throwing different parts at the car. you need to change how the chasis is engineered. good luck.

bross03cobra

Established Member
I know that i am asking alot without changing the IRS out. I just bought this thing 2 months ago and very soon will have about another 5K in mods dropped into this thing. I need to take a break from spending and start working on handling what I have. Thanks for the replies and any help is always appreciated...Bill

Users who are viewing this thread