need help with tires on 19" or 20" or combo set???????

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'm looking to purchase either 19's or 20 inch True Forged wheels. 9.5 (f) with an 11.0 (rear) width wheel. However, I need your help on the tires.

Note-The car is lowered on Steeda springs. Front 1.2 and rear has a drop of 1.5, not that big of a deal, I think.

1) If I run the 19's, I want to have the same type of O/D (27") with the same OEM sidewall size. Perhaps I could run the 275/? up front but I really haven't seen a 305/?/19? What could you recommend on the sizes. Note- If I need to run a slightly taller tire in the rear, that would be okay as well.

2) Same scenario as above except I would be running 20 inch wheels. What sizes do you recommend.

3) I'm seriously thinking of running a 19 inch (front) and a 20 inch (rear) set-up. Again, need professional help with regard to tire sizes.

I've seen many GT 500's running 20 inch all around. However, the sidewall look smaller then OEM. I've seen guys using 19's all around but the rear tire is not that wide (considering I spin the tires all the way in 3rd gear.) I really need a 305/? something in the rear, nothing smaller, plus the look is great. FYI- Nitto/D/R's are not that big of a deal for me. Come track day I could run some 18" M/T's.

And if you have any suggestions on all of this, please let me know.

Thanks, look forward to conducting business in the very near future.

Users who are viewing this thread