need help with suspension....

99VertSnake

Established Member
I bought the Urethane bushings for the rear control arms and they the ones that are pressed into the sleeves. Would a torch and drill be simple enough to do them at home or should I remove the control arms and have a shop remove the old bushings?

I also noticed that the lower and upper IRS cross axis joints are pretty much falling apart! What is the best option to replace those? From what I hear, we can only get the factory replacement by purchasing a complete spindle from Ford with the joints already installed. Or I can go with the MM kit for like $360 :-/

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Take a look at the FTBR (Full Tilt Boogie Racing) website. They've got cross axis joints and videos on bushing installs. You may want to return what you have after you check out their site.

jacker1991

Established Member
Like the previous poster said, I would return what you bought and buy one of the FTBR kits. You can also send them an e-mail if you have any questions or doubts after reading their FAQs and watching their videos. Here is the link to their site FULL TILT BOOGIE RACING

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I bought the Urethane bushings for the rear control arms and they the ones that are pressed into the sleeves. Would a torch and drill be simple enough to do them at home or should I remove the control arms and have a shop remove the old bushings?

I also noticed that the lower and upper IRS cross axis joints are pretty much falling apart! What is the best option to replace those? From what I hear, we can only get the factory replacement by purchasing a complete spindle from Ford with the joints already installed. Or I can go with the MM kit for like $360 :-/

Urethane in the control arms is a NO GO.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Urethane in the control arms is a NO GO.

:bs:

Poly works fine if you install the bushings right. My IRS sticks to the ground like glue, and amazingly enough - no wheel hop, no squeak, no bind.

The UCA bushings will pop right out once you pry the washer off. The LCA's are a real pain - you have to drill around the bushing just like with the subframe bushings. If you have the MM tools, you can make them work if you get some longer bolts. Had no problems at all doing my complete IRS. All poly, all well.

Cross axis joints:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...roduct_info&cPath=514_88_359&products_id=1228

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread