Need help with supercharger selection

Islandcat

Established Member
I have been thinking about upgrading to a TVS supercharger for awile through VMP, but i found a guy in my area that does Whipple 2.9 superchargers. Here is the pricing and info on the tuner kits he offers.

PRICING STARTING:
$3514.99----Stage 1 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower Only)
$4084.99----Stage 2 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower/CAI kit)
$4597.99----Stage 3 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower/CAI kit/66mm or 72mm TB)
***OPTIONAL HANDHELD SCT X3 FLASH TUNER WITH CUSTOM CALIBRATION---$450 w/ 2 Tunes
We also have a complete Stage 4 System for 700rwhp starting @ $5799.99
-Stage 4 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower/CAI kit/66mm or 72mm TB/72lb. Injectors/NGK Plugs/X3 Tuner

The stage 2 is supposed to be 650 rwhp and the stage 3 is 690 rwhp.

Are these good prices? Will he want to add on more to jack up the price. Just wondering because a 2.9 whipple is tempting. He is also a lot closer to me than VMP so that is another advantage, as i rather bring it to the guys and let them install it and tune it themselves.

I would also be open to the kenne belle superchargers but i havent seen anyone selling them that are this close in price.Opinions one way or the other is welcomed and appreciated.

Van@RevanRacing

I have been thinking about upgrading to a TVS supercharger for awile through VMP, but i found a guy in my area that does Whipple 2.9 superchargers. Here is the pricing and info on the tuner kits he offers.

PRICING STARTING:
$3514.99----Stage 1 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower Only)
$4084.99----Stage 2 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower/CAI kit)
$4597.99----Stage 3 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower/CAI kit/66mm or 72mm TB)
***OPTIONAL HANDHELD SCT X3 FLASH TUNER WITH CUSTOM CALIBRATION---$450 w/ 2 Tunes
We also have a complete Stage 4 System for 700rwhp starting @ $5799.99
-Stage 4 Tuner Kit-black-(Blower/CAI kit/66mm or 72mm TB/72lb. Injectors/NGK Plugs/X3 Tuner

The stage 2 is supposed to be 650 rwhp and the stage 3 is 690 rwhp.

Are these good prices? Will he want to add on more to jack up the price. Just wondering because a 2.9 whipple is tempting. He is also a lot closer to me than VMP so that is another advantage, as i rather bring it to the guys and let them install it and tune it themselves.

I would also be open to the kenne belle superchargers but i havent seen anyone selling them that are this close in price.Opinions one way or the other is welcomed and appreciated.

I would have them give you a "Do Not Exceed Figure" What's the total labor on top of the parts? What's the total tuning including an XCAL etc.

You can be optioned to death and then get optioned out of your hard earned money.

If you have any questions about Kenne Bell please do not hesitate to give me a call and I can give you a run down on differences etc.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs
561-445-7702

Last edited:

Islandcat

Established Member
I would have them give you a "Do Not Exceed Figure" What's the total labor on top of the parts? What's the total tuning including an XCAL etc.

You can be optioned to death and then get optioned out of your hard earned money.

If you have any questions about Kenne Bell please do not hesitate to give me a call and I can give you a run down on differences etc.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs
561-445-7702

Thanks van. I went look at your site too. I wouldn't say no to a lc2.8 . Lol. I will get them a call tomorrow to get an estimate and give you a call tomorrow about the kennel belle to see what you have to offer. I also want to talk suspension with you because it looks like that is your specialty.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks van. I went look at your site too. I wouldn't say no to a lc2.8 . Lol. I will get them a call tomorrow to get an estimate and give you a call tomorrow about the kennel belle to see what you have to offer. I also want to talk suspension with you because it looks like that is your specialty.

Cool man. Give me a shout.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member

whatever you do don't talk Grigg's suspension...the IRS crowd counts on you not surpassing them in EVERY way...

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah Van will get you straight. But for some odd reason the whipple just belongs there lol. If your doing a self install then you can get all types of options. I think Lethal has better prices but Van will have you making the most HP for sure.

img0309sv.jpg

img0307er.jpg

img0308fi.jpg

img0485t.jpg

It just looks like it belongs there lol

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
The W2.9 was too tight on the firewall for me and required moving the engine forward or modifying the fire wall. I did not want any more forward weight so I went with the KB 2.8LC. The LC does seem to keep things a bit cooler. The KB 2.8 required notching the hood (no biggie) when not lowering the engine. I had to remove the hood liner because it was rubbing too much.

I will be doing the BMR K Members and A-Arm Supports and lower the engine which I wish I did before notching the hood. Do these first if you think you may do them.

Also - Thanks Van!

filthymcnasty

Established Member
Definitely give Van a chance to match what you want to do locally. Normally, I'm not in the habit of getting the rush of dopamine after ordering a part and thanking vendors online. However, both times I called him I was able to talk to him, HE was the one that answered the phone, he gave me a military discount and got the item out same day (even though it was later in the afternoon and he had to take it UPS after normal pickup). Good service!

Van@RevanRacing

The W2.9 was too tight on the firewall for me and required moving the engine forward or modifying the fire wall. I did not want any more forward weight so I went with the KB 2.8LC. The LC does seem to keep things a bit cooler. The KB 2.8 required notching the hood (no biggie) when not lowering the engine. I had to remove the hood liner because it was rubbing too much.

I will be doing the BMR K Members and A-Arm Supports and lower the engine which I wish I did before notching the hood. Do these first if you think you may do them.

Also - Thanks Van!

Thanks B. The KB 2.8 is a great product with excellent instructions and attention to detail.

Definitely give Van a chance to match what you want to do locally. Normally, I'm not in the habit of getting the rush of dopamine after ordering a part and thanking vendors online. However, both times I called him I was able to talk to him, HE was the one that answered the phone, he gave me a military discount and got the item out same day (even though it was later in the afternoon and he had to take it UPS after normal pickup). Good service!

Thanks B. Not a problem at all and thanks for the business! :beer:

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Not trying to steal the thread even tho its old but I to am looking to step up to a whipple 2.9l stage 3 kit, anybody actually see 690rwhp with the stage 3 kit alone?

Yes

it just seems weird that theres a huge damn near 1000 dollar difference for 10rwhp?

450 for a handheld with a tune and 600 for 72lbers.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I have the KB 2.8 and love it! Of course Van took care of me as well, seems like an ongoing trend around here. The blower makes great power while still being very streetable. I too was in the market for a VMP TVS. But I have always wanted a KB ever since I heard one screaming on a 03 cobra. I knew that I wouldn't be happy w/o it, plus there is always room to grow in the future.

breoland

Established Member
Dont under estimate the power of the tvs... DIdnt the cobra jet go low 9s with a non ported tvs

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Don't know what the stages are. I mixed and matched parts and came out over 700rwhp with 16.5lbs of boost. If your doing the work yourself I would look for the cheapest parts and not the kit that someone put together at your expense. Mine consisted of different vendors from the site. Van, Lethal, and maybe one or two that aren't vendors like amazon lol. Good luck and do your research. Everyone has their own preference of which blower is the best. All have pros and cons. Have to decide what you will and will not live with. At the end of the day they all whine just some louder than others.

Users who are viewing this thread