need help with some small issues???

tutton7337

Established Member
i traded today and got a 2000 mustang gt! it felt so good to get back into a mustang. but anyways...when i rev it up the rpm's stay up for a little bit longer than normal then go back down. when going to a stop sign and just putting it out of gear and the rmp's go down, the rmps will go down so far that sometimes it cuts off. the rpm's sort of jump when they get real low when in gear. my buddy says i need to clean the iac and maf and air filter. i have no doubt in what he says just wanting to know if that is what sounds what i need to do to fix it before i waste a day to do all that lol?

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'd start with the MAF and filter. Check to make sure your throttle cable isn't hanging up as well.

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
would never hurt to do simple things such as new plugs, fuel filter, sea foam =], clean/replace airfilter, clean MAF & Throttle-Body.

Indmoney

Established Member
i had a transmission swap done wasnt sure whether my rpms are messed up aswell. i have a c&L intake plenum rpm's usually stops under 2000k posibly 1800k. or is that because i still need a tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread