Need Help with some issues

Burninout101

Established Member
So I have enjoyed these little interceptor gauges. But...I have some concerns on the car:
1. The volts when driving range from 12.7-13.0, when come to a light they drop to 12.0-12.4. I have had the alternator rebuilt maybe 1.5k miles ago or a month and half. These volts are with everything off except the headlights. Ideas?

The car has had electrical issues since new, the dealer would not do anything about it:cuss: The car would go through yellow tops left and right. has killed a stinger battery that is higher rated then the yellow top. I figured the new alternator would fix it but guess not.

2. The temp will stay at 170 when idling, get up to about 174-178 on the highway and not get above 180 when hammering on it. The IACTemp is 94-105 when driving and 122 when sitting. I`m in Dallas, TX so the temps are mild out.

3.The car has developed a miss at 1500rpm and is rough. A noise not sure how to describe it is coming from the drivers side exhaust. I thought maybe bad gas, so I put some octane booster in it and filled up, did this with 1/8th of a tank left. Any ideas

4. I have kook long tubes, kooks off-road x and stock cb. The car has had a tick come from the exhaust right before the collector, loud. My 01 had this somewhat but not as loud. The tick is now even louder with an additional noise.

I checked the plugs they are all tight pulled 3 and they look fine.

Problems previously;
Alt. went out, puked a spark plug (heli-coiled it), replaced the tranny when new with 500miles on it, and electrical issues ( drains the battery if let not started for 3+ days)
I still have the original heads on the car that it came with. Non-revised. I tried to find a dealer to do the revision but could not. It is a 03 Anniversary coupe.

The mods: 8lb lower, 100mm bf idler set,3.7 alt pulley, LFP HE, 12in filter, LDC cooling mod, oil separator, fodinza flywheel, dfx, mgw shifter, HPP tune (445/488 to the wheels)

Thanks for the Help

Justen

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
yellow top is a deep cycle battery, not a starting battery. using a deep cycle battery as a starting battery kills it.

swap coil packs to the other side and see if the funky noise changes to the other side too. perhaps you have a bad coil pack.

Burninout101

Established Member
yeah the stinger battery is a better starting battery then the stock one I have and it is doing a number to it. I thought about a bad coil pack and changing them around I just did not know if there is a better way to test the packs them selves. I guess I will just give it a try. Thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread