Need help with rear suspension ASAP

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
So i installed MM adjustable lower control arms to replace the aluminum steeda ones where the sway bar mount on the driver's side had broken. All went well until i had to remove the steeda uppers because they weren't allowing me to move the axle enough forward to get the axle bolt in on the MM lowers. Once the uppers were out the MM lowers went in easy. I tried to see if i could get the uppers to line back up but they wouldn't fit. Is this normal? Do the MM lowers only fit with stock uppers? If that's the case i need to get some ASAP cause i can't drive this thing until i get some uppers in there correct?

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Are you trying to attach the torque box side of the uppers? Try it the opposite way. Set it up so your trying to attach the rear end side of the uppers.
Just take the uppers completely off and start over but do it the other way. You will need a jack to line the uppers up. Sometimes it is a PITA! I'm just thinking you should attack it from the other end.

Do you have adjustable uppers?

Last edited:

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
No the uppers are Steeda non adjustable aluminum. I have the MM lowers in the car with everything installed, car is on the ground with the wheels on, it is just lacking upper control arms because i couldn't figure out how to make them fit or if its even possible.

I tried installing them with the chassis mount point bolted in loosely, but once i went to try and line up the bolt hole on the axle housing i couldn't get them line up.

Should the Steeda's fit? Are they the same dimensions as the stock ones? Does it matter which control arms go in first the lowers or the uppers?

Thanks for your help.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
Good News. I was able to get the uppers to go in after considerable convincing :banana:

Everything is in and torque'd to spec, i got the ride height adjusted to the proper height for everyday driving.

I took the car around the block briefly and can definitely feel the difference between the aluminum steeda lowers and the MM lowers. The reason i replaced them was the driver's side sway bar mount broke off the control arm and was rattling like crazy. The bushings were also dry in the uppers and lowers and were squeaking and bound really bad. I noticed immediately that the creak i always got backing out of the driveway is gone.

Overall the install was a PITA and my body is slightly sore from rolling around on the ground, but definitely worth it to get rid of annoying rattles and squeaks.

Users who are viewing this thread