Need Help With Occasional Start-up Prob?!

myrsvt

Established Member
Trying to figure out if this is a fuel/sensor/tuning etc. prob??

Here's the deal...
Ever since the Vortech install and tune(about 1500mi ago) I occasonaly have difficulty starting (will require 5-10sec of cranking to start and pumping the gas seems to help).
This is always after shutting down a short time ago. Does Not happen with engine completely cold, always starts fine when cold.

I got a little scared last Thursday when I arrived at Darlington for Mustang Week. I got there, shut the car down and came back to restart it 15min later and it wouldn't start for nothin!!
Cycled the fuel pump a few times and still nothin. When you first hit the starter it would hit but not stay running.
So, I gave it about an hour, tried again and started fine with no more trouble???

Anybody with similar prob in past??

For reference this is a LMAF draw thru system, 255in-tank, Amazon Tuned.

Thanks for any help!

Noreast

Established Member
What size injectors? Maybe the tuner has too much fuel goin in at once? I know with my car after installing new motor injectors and starter if
I let go of the key too early before it starts and try it again it takes about 5sec crank time to get it going. I think maybe bc it filled up the cyl with fuel? Could
Be wrong

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
sounds like a hot start issue to me. datalog where your iat's are at when you're trying to crank and it won't start. then send Rick an email with that iat and he will adjust your crank fuel tables for that iat and above. that should solve your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread