Need help with Manifold stud removal

03svt4life

Established Member
I am having issues with trying to remove the stock studs as one has came out when i took off my flow tubes. I bought replacement studs and they are a bitch to put in. Anyone have any tips or tricks to put these in as i have become to frustrated to continue with this tonight.:shrug:

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
get some pb blaster and a bolt/screw extractor set and give that a try or a set of vice grip pliars may work also. Good Luck

stangaholic280

Established Member
For what it's worth...make sure you are using the correct and quality tools. Trying to pry things off with tools that "might do it" is not a good idea. Figure out the correct size...which I think might be a 10mm socket...and get a quality socket and ratchet that isn't worn down. I had some issues like this removing my blower and come to find out it wasn't the bolts but the sockets were old and weren't gripping tight. Used my buddies high quality set and boom! They came right off! Good luck.

03svt4life

Established Member
i will check but i dont think they are 10mm i think maybe a 1/4 socket may work but i will try soaking overnight. its weird the one side came right out when i took the nut off

jdgt03

Established Member
Like said above, bolt extractors. U can buy them from AZ, Lowes,ect... I had a snap on set that took mine out no problem.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
If the threads are still good, put 2 nuts on it and use a wrench on the inner nut to back it out.

Users who are viewing this thread