Need help with " How to Tune my Cobra"

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Hello Guys , I need some help with my tunning.

I got a 03 Cobra , Just have a CAI , 2.93 S/C Pulley , And bigger tires.

I just purchase the SCT Tunner bama , But i dont know how to use it.

I conect it but then ? i just see a few options , Like th octane from the fuel , the gears , and other stuff, but not the important things that im looking for.

If any has a manual or know the thread ( Cause i didnt find one) where i can learn how to tune my cobra, please share it.

Good luck to all , and take care bros !

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
What you are looking for is a "canned tune" If you did not get a handheld programed with them then you are out of luck.

SxyMuffinSnake

Established Member
Dont be a Tooner if you dont know what you are doing. You might need a Tuner.

Agreed.

But if you want to know the answer to your question, tuning requires extensive knowledge of the EFI system. If you dont know this and want to learn SCT sells beginners DVDs to show you how. If I were you I would not risk learning how to tune on a terminator cause if you mess up, which you will, then the repairs will be more costly and extensive then lets say a 90's Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Your Bama handheld is not really a tuner but more a data stick that holds tunes and allows you to datalog at the same time. People just got used to calling it a tuner, when really its just a handheld device that allows a computer to talk to your ECU during the tuning process. Tuning is much more extensive than just plugging in your handheld to your OBDII port and making a few changes. It requires the expensive Advantage software from SCT, in which you plug the handheld into the OBDII port then the tuner into your laptop, then make changes.

Users who are viewing this thread