Need Help with Headlight Knob

jfclague

Established Member
I just finished putting my boost gauge overlay on and everything was going great until I tried to put the headlight knob back on. No luck. It just doesn't seem to go on.

I thought it just slipped on.

Am I missing something here?

Help.

Jim

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
you have to line up the triangle rod to the triangle opening in the knob. It's kinda the same way going on as it was coming off. You feel like you're gonna break it but you kinda have to force it on once you line it up to get it past that clip.

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
From that picture it looks like the clip that should be on the inside of your knob was left on the rod. Perhaps it broke off of the knob when you were pulling it off?

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've seen this happen once. I belive if you follow sonicsnakes message above you'll be home free. Sorry you ran into a snag. PM me if you need any further assistance.

Ray h

jfclague

Established Member
KWladyka,

That was exactly what was wrong. I used some needle-noise plyers and pull the spring out and push back into the headlight knob. It slid right on.

Thanks alot.

Jim

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by jfclague
KWladyka,

That was exactly what was wrong. I used some needle-noise plyers and pull the spring out and push back into the headlight knob. It slid right on.

Thanks alot.

Jim

Excellent! I'm glad to have helped.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread