Need Help with Front End!!!!

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Alright so I had posted on her in July about my front end. My steering wheel feels really loose and there is a lot of play in it. I seen another post about this issue and they said that the bushings needed to be replaced. So i get under my car to check it out and I start messing with the shaft connected to the steering wheel which goes into the steering rack. Well that is where the problem seems to be so my question is does the steering rack have a bushing or something in there that the shaft coming from the steering wheel goes into. I can turn the steering wheel shaft easily and the tires do not move at all but that seems to be where the looseness is coming from. If I just barely move the shaft coming from the steering wheel it loosely moves then it starts to turn the tires. I tried to take the steering shaft off but I could not tell if there was a bushing or something in there. Anybody else have experience with this? I just want to fix the damn thing so I don't feel like I am driving a 20 year old car. :whine:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
sounds like the steering shaft coupler (there's a name for it, but I forget..)

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Yeah i am not too familiar with the steering components. But I just need to get it fixed this is pissing me off my car has 17,000 miles on it but feels like it has 100,000.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
someone will chime in here with some info on price and replacement alternatives

some hard-core and road racers have installed solid shafts to eliminate that weak link (Flaming River)

Last edited:

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Yeah cool I was looking at those on Lethalperformance.com but damn I don't wanna spend 500 dollars right now for this. I would rather spend my money on cooling mods. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread