Need help with Fore fuel stuff.....

GoatSlayer

Banned
Has anyone installed the fore precision fuel hat in their stock 01 cobra fuel tank? I am looking to support around 505rwh with my eaton setup.
I am thinking of buying one with dual Walbro GSS342 pumps. Do you guys think i need to use dual FPDM for the two pumps or is my single stock FPDM?
What else do i need to make it work, as far as wiring etc?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I ran the dual FPDM's with the wiring upgrade, dual GT pumps, 03 cobra tank, Fore hat, bigger fuel line, and 60's. I was going to get the modified FPDM and just run one, but I like the idea of having each pump have its own FPDM. I am only running a stock eaton with stock pulleys though. I never had any interest in a boost a pump. To me it always seemed like a lazy man's way to increase the power his fuel system could support.

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
If you are going dual pumps, look at buying a used 03/04 tank, the inside of a 01 tank isn't designed to hold the 2 pumps. I had to switch when I bought the fore fuel system. And yes for dual fpdm.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I thought the Walbros wouldn't work with the FPDM because they are for return style setups. As in, you don't need the FPDM cause the pumps use a seperate controller. I could be wrong though, I'm still learning fuel systems myself.

GodStang

Established Member
I thought the Walbros wouldn't work with the FPDM because they are for return style setups. As in, you don't need the FPDM cause the pumps use a seperate controller. I could be wrong though, I'm still learning fuel systems myself.

Walbros are usually used in return setups but you can used in a returnless setup. If you are doing major changes in your fuel system I would for sure look at going return style. A whole lot better setup. Easier to tune and can supply more HP with the same components.

GoatSlayer

Banned
Walbros are usually used in return setups but you can used in a returnless setup. If you are doing major changes in your fuel system I would for sure look at going return style. A whole lot better setup. Easier to tune and can supply more HP with the same components.

Yeah its more cost effective to go return without going into the 03 cobra fuel system

Thanks everyone for their responses

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you planning on staying at this power level for a long time or is there a twin screwin the near future?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
There's someone here on the NE section that made the Fore fuel hat work with their tank. I can't rememeber who it was, they also included lots of pictures to show it would work. Maybe he will chime in to give you the details.

Users who are viewing this thread