NEED Help with drive shaft: 4R70W going in!

drusmith

Established Member
Ok. I have everything I need for my Trans conversions. T56 is going bye bye and a 4r70w strip build is going in! I have talked to too many idiots about how to get the correct drive shafts measurement for the new Auto trans.

First, does anyone have that measurement?

Second, I measured the new trans, T56 and existing drive shaft. I figured that would be enough to figure the new drive shaft size. Am I missing something? One company said I dont even need a new drive shaft, i can just buy a slip yoke and the existing shaft will work. IDK, to many people telling me different things.

Any help would be great! This is last piece of puzzle and I am scheduled for Thursday morning install to Friday.

thanks
:beer:
Drew

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Do you still have the IRS or solid axle? If you have a solid axle, you just need a GT driveshaft. Or, if you have an IRS, you need the slip yolk for the trans and a spacer. I have both if you need any parts.

drusmith

Established Member
Do you still have the IRS or solid axle? If you have a solid axle, you just need a GT driveshaft. Or, if you have an IRS, you need the slip yolk for the trans and a spacer. I have both if you need any parts.

Thanks man! I did what you said and its complete!!!! I love the Auto with manual VB. Epic!

One problem: Speed does not work. How did you get yours to work?

Users who are viewing this thread