Need help with DEIP program

gtstang1219

Established Member
Ok so i entered in the DEIP program so that i could do one more deployment, doing this extended my ETS date to Aug. of 2012. Well in short our deployment got cut short and and with my wife living in FL in her last 6 months of college and me being stationed in TX i need to just go ahead and get out. It's just not worth it to me to have to pay for housing it 2 separate states since my wife will not be able to move back with me, just for me to sit on my ass for 8 months. SO, i know that i can put in for early separation and it will change my ETS date but what I'm trying to figure out is when i put in the 4187 what does it need to say in it? Im looking for a template of what it needs to be included. I have tried going to my retention NCO and asking them but they are no help, she originally told me that i couldn't even get out early until i brought her the reg that said i could. But i have to do this on my own since she doesn't know what the 4187 needs to say or have any clue where i can fined the answer. So let me know if you can shed some light on the matter. Thanks

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Last time i checked once you sign an extension you cant get out of it. You can try for a hardship but your situation has not changed since you extended. They probably wont consider lack of deployment money as a factor for your financial hardship.

gtstang1219

Established Member
Its not that i cant afford it cause i can, there is just no point. I have the reg that says i can get out of my extension if my deployment is cut short and when i signed that was always the plan. But now that its time to do do it no one seems to know how to make that happen.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Talk to your S1 section, if they cant get you in the right direction go to legal. Im sure that there is some timeline of notice you have to give

Fuerza

Established Member
Contact your BDE retention NCO. Stick with your COC as much as possible, I know you want out but let them try and help you. If BDE retention doesn't know then start going through the legal channel. I've never heard of your situation but if you say it's in the regulation i'll take your word for it. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread