need help with decision

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
hey, right now i own 3 cars...the newest being a 1991, so i have decided that it is time for a newer car, one that i can actually depend on...so i went and actually test drove this

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=2004&start_year=2002&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=5

and i am just wondering if this car would be a good daily driver for me? im not gonna enjoy putting premium fuel in it, but then again i have to put premium fuel in my SC as well...but i just wanted to know if it would be a good decison to make.

HTPerformance

It is a great decision, I am glad that I made the same decision this time last year.

After one year of ownership, boy am I happy!!!

I put on 12,500 miles this year, 4 oil changes. ~260miles/tank on average here in Boston with my driving style.

I highly recommend it.

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
so what things should i look out for when purchasing an SVT Focus? any common problems that i need to be aware of, because after driving/riding in it, i want it REALLY bad, lol

NEVERMIND: dont answer that...i already did a search for it...dont mind my stupidity.....

Last edited:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Hey 19birdSC91, i just bought the exact same car, color and everything, except mine is a 2004. I bought it about 4 months ago, and let me tell ya, i couldnt be any more satisfied!!!! Bone stock i took down a 2005 GTI Turbo,and now im trying to get my buddy at work to bring in his 2003 Mustang (6 Cylinder) to see if i can take him. You will love that car as a Daily Driver (i do) this is my 4th focus, and my 7th Ford Product, other than it being a little bit of a gas hog you will love it. Mine was a 2004 with a little over 7k and got it for 16k.... Good Luck man.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I really enjoy mine. 15K so far and have yet to go back to the dealership.

IMO, the price is a bit high on the car you're looking at.

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
seriously...the odometer flipped over to 8,300 while we were driving it..that is really low miles for a 2003 vehicle...i looked at the carfax...and it sat in a dealership for a year before it was sold...very very low miles...drove like it was brand new

2814v

Established Member
SVTF's really are great daily drivers, I miss mine. Had it a year and a half (2003, euro) 24000 miles and not one problem, never even took it to the dealer once for warrenty work. My problem was two young kids, I needed a daily driver that I could let kids be kids in. So I sold it and bought a sport trac.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
You will love the car! It is the most fun driving car ever! Only one thing...talk them down on the price. I bought my 03 after it had been sitting on the lot for over a year. The car was delivered June of 03. I bought it end of July 04. Window was 20,900. I paid 16,235 total out the door. Tax's, delivery, everything! The car had 37 miles on it.

What I am getting at is this...If this is the same dealer where the car sat on the lot for a year, they are trying to recap some money. I think 12-13k would be fair.

But, driving fun per $$ the car is worth a million. :beer:

Last edited:

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
You will love the car! It is the most fun driving car ever! Only one thing...talk them down on the price. I bought my 03 after it had been sitting on the lot for over a year. The car was delivered June of 03. I bought it end of July 04. Window was 20,900. I paid 16,235 total out the door. Tax's, delivery, everything! The car had 37 miles on it.

What I am getting at is this...If this is the same dealer where the car sat on the lot for a year, they are trying to recap some money. I think 12-13k would be fair.

But, driving fun per $$ the car is worth a million. :beer:

i agree.the car was badass to drive, one of the most, if not the most fun cars i have ever driven...and yeah, i was trying to get them down to around 12 or 13k...one problem is that i dont have any money to put down on the car...so i dont know about that part of things, im thinking that it will sit there for a while before i buy it...but im not sure, do these cars usually take a while for cars for dealerships to sell or what? cuz i need to wait until may 4th when im 18...so im hoping that this one doesnt sell since it has such low milage...

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
HTPerformance said:
for a sub 9,000 mile car?

Obviously I can only speak for what I've seen in my area, but considering I bought my '04 brand new for $16,400 a year and a half ago - yes, I think it's a bit high for a 3 year old used SVTF.

It never hurts to make an offer on the low side - say 12/12.5K, then see if they'll deal. :beer:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
HTPerformance said:
eh... wth... shoot for $10 or 11 haha j/k
Seriously - why not? Especially if it's been sitting on the lot for a while. Worst they can say is no. ;-)

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
19TbirdSC91 said:
so i have decided that it is time for a newer car, one that i can actually depend on...so i went and actually test drove this
If your looking for a dependable car, your looking in the wrong place. Just read back to all the problems everyone is having with the clutches and how Ford does absolutly nothing about it. Now if your looking for something GUN to drive then it's a good choice!!!!!!!!!

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
nemitz said:
If your looking for a dependable car, your looking in the wrong place. Just read back to all the problems everyone is having with the clutches and how Ford does absolutly nothing about it. Now if your looking for something GUN to drive then it's a good choice!!!!!!!!!

well...with only 8k miles on it...i dont see the clutch going bad like, as soon as i get it....unless if that is happening :dw: hmm...i guess if the clutch goes out, i'll have to get a sweet performance clutch :-D

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
HAMMRHEAD said:
Obviously I can only speak for what I've seen in my area, but considering I bought my '04 brand new for $16,400 a year and a half ago - yes, I think it's a bit high for a 3 year old used SVTF.

It never hurts to make an offer on the low side - say 12/12.5K, then see if they'll deal. :beer:

Yeah well, You got an extremely good deal on your car hammrhead. I mean really good. I believe in other posts you had sayed yours has many options on it. So yeah you got an unbelievable deal on it considering many other people payed around 20k or more for theres brand new. Me personally I got mine with 31000 miles on it for an even 10k, 2002 variety, just a week ago. I don't know of anyone else who got such a great deal as you did on one of these things new.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
Yeah well, You got an extremely good deal on your car hammrhead. I mean really good. I believe in other posts you had sayed yours has many options on it. So yeah you got an unbelievable deal on it considering many other people payed around 20k or more for theres brand new. Me personally I got mine with 31000 miles on it for an even 10k, 2002 variety, just a week ago. I don't know of anyone else who got such a great deal as you did on one of these things new.

I've read a few posts from others who got equally good deals, but IMO you're right - I'm still extremely pleased with the deal I got. And yes, my car is loaded except for the Euro package. The car was sitting on the lot from March '04 to September '04 when I purchased it, and at that time they had 4-5 more there too. I was all to happy to take one off their hands!

Like I said, I can only speak for my area. Maybe these cars hold their value better in other places - I honestly don't know? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread