Need help with damage estimate!

2.1kennebell

ricerEATER
Established Member
hey guys im looking around for a new mustang and came across this one on ebay, it has damage done to the passenger side rear quarter panel, some on the bumper, and the driver side lower trim? im really interested in picking this car up and just working on it to make it better...could anyone give me a rough estimate on how much it would be to fix this? Thanks in advance

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 200313754195 end time Mar-16-09 22:18:30 PDT)

I8URLS1

Established Member
For what it would cost to fix you could probably pick up a clean title Termi with about the same mileage. They go for 18-19k all the time now with 30-40k miles and you won't have a salvage title then. That's what I would do man.

Zeke0123

Established Member
A few of the pictures have what I would say looks like frame damage...the one at the drivers side front fender in particular....I would stay away.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
looks rough to me. my guess just by looking at the picks your looking at 3 to 5 grand to get it fixed. i would stay away from it. save up or put the money to repair towards a differant termi. if you do get it go look at the car first. look at it on a lift.

MUSTANGRIDAH

Established Member
Im a collision repair tech, first thing i will say is w/out actually seeing it you can not accurately assess the damage and there almost always is hidden damage. Second thing i will say that people tend to generally not know is that (good) body work/paint is not cheap!...AT ALL!
A quarter for a mustang is generally almost 1,000 bucks (RAW) from ford, From the pics u obviously need one, add blend for rt. door and rear (full) cover, and rt. roof etc....... front cover, lt. fender and blend lt. door. You got an expensive project. Remember this is just a visual analysis. Remember parts are not the expensive part its the labor/supplys that will break ur wallet. P.s. by no means should u use this for a damage analysis.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
^^^hes right i work at a body shop too and labor is going to kill you. and from the looks of it most the car i going to need paint, thats not cheep either. really weigh it out and maybe have someone else that may know look at it with you. hounestly id maybe buck up a few more grand an settle with a higher mileage cobra. i also think thats not worth 13 grand maybe like 9 or 10.

2.1kennebell

ricerEATER
Established Member
thanks guys, i called and talked to the guy and he said that there was no frame damage idk for sure though, im calling a few shops around his area and im gonna see if some one can get me a estimate out there...also he says hes flexible on the price maybe 10.5?

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
Im a collision repair tech, first thing i will say is w/out actually seeing it you can not accurately assess the damage and there almost always is hidden damage. Second thing i will say that people tend to generally not know is that (good) body work/paint is not cheap!...AT ALL!
A quarter for a mustang is generally almost 1,000 bucks (RAW) from ford, From the pics u obviously need one, add blend for rt. door and rear (full) cover, and rt. roof etc....... front cover, lt. fender and blend lt. door. You got an expensive project. Remember this is just a visual analysis. Remember parts are not the expensive part its the labor/supplys that will break ur wallet. P.s. by no means should u use this for a damage analysis.

I'm in the same line of business I agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread