Need help with coil over install!!!

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I have the granetelli coilovers with the kyb front struts that wouln't go on. My problem is that the strut shaft keeps on spinning when I try and tighten the bolt up top. I have put vice-grips on the shaft tried putting a screw driver in the top of the shaft where it is slotted for one but that doesn't work either. I can't seem to figure this damn thing out so I was seeing if anyone on here new what to do.

pipeliner

Established Member
Mrcobraguy said:
I have the granetelli coilovers with the kyb front struts that wouln't go on. My problem is that the strut shaft keeps on spinning when I try and tighten the bolt up top. I have put vice-grips on the shaft tried putting a screw driver in the top of the shaft where it is slotted for one but that doesn't work either. I can't seem to figure this damn thing out so I was seeing if anyone on here new what to do.

DO not put vice grips on the shaft

Usually you need 2 wrenchs or a allen head and a wrench. One should fit over ewach other as both attachment points for the tools are at the top.

Hopefully you have not gouged the shaft. If you have dont even put it on the shock will start to leak.

Did you take you bilstiens off? The KYB go on the same way

pipeliner

Established Member
Mrcobraguy said:
yes there off but the blisten take an allen key that holds it in place and the kyb's that I have take like a flat head.

A flat head? Usually if its a flat head its the part you adjust the top with.

Are you positive its not a dual wrench operation. Could you take a picture of the top of the strut possibly

pb1302

Established Member
I just impact the piss out of that nut.......it spins the shaft but the nut should be plenty tight......

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
it still has some play in it up and down side to side motion but now that I think about it maybe if I conect the tie rod it wouln't have that play in it. I will take a picture of it today and post it up later.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I figured it out and as always it was something really dumb. If I could kick myself in my own ass I would but its all good just now the hawk pads are to thick to go on the rotor and yes the calipers are compressed as far in as they could go. I don't think anything can go right but its expected. Thanks for everyones help.

Users who are viewing this thread