need help with bulb removal

ont2011gt500

Established Member
My car is a 2011 gt500 and I bought a set of d3s 6000k hid bulbs and I have no clue on how to get the bulb out of the headlamp. If someone could give me some tips on how to remove them that would be great or even better with pictures, thanks!

ZX6Ray

Established Member

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! :nonono:

I just changed the HID's on my 2011. The filter for the intake on the driver side will have to come off if you need more room. The passenger side is a little more of a tight fit.

Turn the plastic cover counterclockwise 1/16th of a turn (it should come off easily)

I would highly suggest removing the connectors on the HID base first as they are a pita... but if you cant continue to next step.

You can see little levers on each side of the HID housing which you will have to rotate counterclockwise (whichever one you move will also move the other one). They actually hold the HID in place against the retention springs. Once you loosen these the bulb can be pulled straight out. DO NOT ROTATE THE BULB

With one hand hold the HID in place and the other you need to remove the connector, Take care not to damage the HID.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread