Need Help with Brakes

af_one

Established Member
OK, I changed my pads and rotors on my 12 GT, I have the 14 GT500 rear rotors with the adapter on them. All I did was switch to drilled and slotted rotors and hawk pads, not my wheels rub the caliper. I replaced all the fluid with a power bleeder, only the rears rub. The center of the caliper is rubbing . I did NOT change wheels, and the GT500 adapters were on as well--all worked great. Just swapped rotors, pads and replaced fluid--what the hell can be going on? . I hope I am not overlooking the obvious?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
If it's the face of the caliper that's contacting the backside of the spokes, it's possible the newer, thicker pads caused the floating caliper to shift enough to create contact.

af_one

Established Member
If it's the face of the caliper that's contacting the backside of the spokes, it's possible the newer, thicker pads caused the floating caliper to shift enough to create contact.
Yes, its the face of the caliper hitting the backside of the spokes, not the bracket. So how is that solved? I measure the old pads and rotors, the dimensions were the same--original brake pads only had 6,000 miles on them so wasn't a big difference in pad thickness. Not sure how I lost that much space

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Interesting. Compress the piston and slide the caliper back and forth on the sliders, make sure it moves freely. Sometimes different pads are slightly different thicknesses even when new but you already seem to have verified they were the same.

Users who are viewing this thread