Need help with boost bypass

01Rapple

Established Member
I want to do the boost bypass but i need some help just got my lightning and don't know much about it so make it idiot proof if you would. pics would help alot. Thanks James

01Rapple

Established Member
Come on some you guys must know how to do the bypass. I am trying to out run my buddies LS1 trans am or just run with it. Thanks James

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
just unplug the elec connection to the boost solenoid..then plug it back in when you're done...

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
Look it up in the how to forums, its there with full parts list, and detailed pictures, step by step inst. Very Very easy.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
01Rapple said:
I want to do the boost bypass but i need some help just got my lightning and don't know much about it so make it idiot proof if you would. pics would help alot. Thanks James

Ok, lets take a step back for a second. First, tell us why you think the boost bypass is something you wanna do, because it certainly isn't going to help you beat your buddy when you race him, seeing as how it doesn't improve performance at all.

If however, you plan on running him at the track, then like my buddy Stew said in the post above, all you have to do is unplug it just in case you overboost in the water box.

Stewart

Last edited:

qwklightning

Established Member
There is a complete write up on RPMOutlet.com on how to do it, with pics and it's free, except for the vacuum fitting you will have to purchase. Check it out it's listed as the Zero dollar boost bypass how to. I don't know that there is really any gain from doing this, if you are trying to take on an LS1 there are other mods out there that will get you there. A pulley and tune are a good start.

Lightmare

Banned
qwklightning said:
There is a complete write up on RPMOutlet.com on how to do it, with pics and it's free, except for the vacuum fitting you will have to purchase.

Yup, that is how I learned to do mine.

boosttm1.jpg

Last edited:

00SVTStrike

Established Member
01Rapple said:
Come on some you guys must know how to do the bypass. I am trying to out run my buddies LS1 trans am or just run with it. Thanks James
FYI..Mods in sig=Dead even with 99 A4 WS6(Lid,Bellow,LTs,ORY,3.73s,Borla,Tune)...Stick it to him :rockon:

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
just unplug the elec connection to the boost solenoid..then plug it back in when you're done...

+1

I havent noticed a difference on the track with and without it so to me its pointless.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
only helps keep from dumping boost when doing a John Force style burnout.

junioRace

Established Member
When I did my EGR delete, I couldn't figure out any other way to run the vacuum line for the boost actuator.....so I kinda had to do it. If someone has a better idea, please chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread