Need help with blower install

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
So I have a couple questions that I need help with.

First of all Blower is all off the car and a hose got pinched and cut so when getting it off to get a replacement it got pulled off the other ends it runs too. It is the hose that Takes coolant to the one plug on the lower intake goes to a T which the right side goes to my driver side head on the top I believe but can not figure out where it routes to on the passenger side.

Second of all I can not for the life of me find bolts for the lower intake manifold to the head as well as blower to manifold.

Do those NEED to be replaced if all in good condition?

and last but not least I know the tq specs on the intercooler bolts are 18 INch pounds. Where can I find the rating for the bolts mentioned above.

I know its a lot and looking back may have bite off more then we can chew but to far into it at this point!

cj428mach

Established Member
The hose on the bottom of the intake is a vacuum hose. It goes from intake to the T, where it goes to the back of the blower and the valve cover.

I just reuse the intake to head bolts. I just tighten them to the torque setting but not the extra turn.

There was a blower swap guide in the how to section with most or all the torque specs. I have the shop manual at home so that's what I use.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
That would explain why I could not for the life of me figure out where it goes. and Awesome I will check the how to section for the tq specs

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I believe tq spec is 10 Nm (89 lb-in) but not sure sequence. Can someone confirm?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Use a hose clamp on hose under intake..

That's the #1 area for po171/174

This hose will harden..won't pull off nipple but will spin..that's enough to leak..
I use 1/4 in drive on these bolts..

I also have reused all bolts over and gaskets

Users who are viewing this thread