Need Help with BBK Twin 65 High Idle Issue.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I have a bbk twin 65 tb it has been great. But recently it has starting making the car idle around 1200 if I pat the gas real quick it will fall back down to the normal idle. It seems the tb is not quit closing all the way now some times. Anyone have the same issues if so is there any tricks for fixing this. Also while it is idling high I can twist the TB with my hand maybe a very small amount like a hair. and it brings the idle down.

Last edited:

bad93svt

Established Member
That's funny you bring this up. But mine has been doing the same thing. Mine does it when its hot out.

Anyone having this issue?

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Are these TB used or new? One thing you can take a look at, check to see if the butterfly's are aligned together... My ported stocker had this problem and would hang around 1200 rpm's till Stieg took a look at it and aligned them together so no unmetered air could get though... Just a suggestion.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Mine was brand new and never had an issue with it until now. Has about 2k miles on it. I was wondering if it was something in the tune maybe for the IAC valve or something. I recently changed to a higher output alternator that was around the same time the issue started but its not the computer having to relearn I have already went through all those steps and have put about 800 miles on it since disconnecting the battery. Maybe the IAC or TPS or something is seeing a higher voltage. I have had real hard time setting the TPS voltage but think I have that figured out now.

Last edited:

bad93svt

Established Member
Mime was also new. Justin from vmp mentioned I might polishingwere Tueblade meets housing. Maybe under high temps its not closing all the way.
I will try it wheni get time

87poopstang

Established Member
I got the same problem w/ my 04 cobra. Just installed a 2.3l Whipple n bbk throttle body. Idles around 11-1200. Then when driving seems slow to come down when the clutch is pushed in. Any help with this? Please

Users who are viewing this thread