Need help with an old school Winchester/Sears shotgun

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I recently inherited a Sears Roebuck Model 200 and I'll admit that shotguns are the only firearms I really don't know anything about.

Anyways, it was pretty old and gummed up, so I gave it a good cleaning and went over it and everything looks good.

I do know that Winchester made shotguns with the Sears brand stamped on them, and my gun is essentially a Winchester 1200.

What I'd like to do is spice it up a bit with a new stock and possibly some other parts.

My question is will Winchester 1200 stocks fit on the Sears Roebuck versions? Are other parts interchangeable?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
The buttstock has a different shape on each where it connects to the receiver.

So you're saying it won't fit? If not, any idea where can I find a place that has some parts for the Sears Model 200?

Also, noticed you're from Cleveland. Where do you normally go shooting? I'm gonna be at A&A in Garrettsville next week. Love that place. If you're from Cleveland Tennessee then ignore my comment haha

dooberGN

Established Member
Usually go to Stonewall indoor. I'm not sure about the parts google might be your only choice there.

txyaloo

Established Member
So you're saying it won't fit? If not, any idea where can I find a place that has some parts for the Sears Model 200?

Also, noticed you're from Cleveland. Where do you normally go shooting? I'm gonna be at A&A in Garrettsville next week. Love that place. If you're from Cleveland Tennessee then ignore my comment haha

The Winchester 1200 has a V notch in the receiver for the stock while the Sears one takes a flat stock. IDK of any place that sells a Sears specific 1200 stock, but you might be able to cut a Winchester 1200 flat.

Users who are viewing this thread