Need help with a dash light!

nabisco

Established Member
So the middle light in my dash on my 96 cobra is out, can anyone walk me thru how hard it is to replace this?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Well, the description you're giving is kind of vague ... if it's a light in the instrument cluster, you'll have to pull the cluster out to replace it. Not too hard to do. Look at this Web Page, and it tells how to remove it:

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/bezel.htm

The cluster looks like this:

must47.jpg

bezel11.jpg

The Web Page has some good photos and all the info you'll need.

nabisco

Established Member
Its the light in the dash right in between the tach and speedo...does that give any better of a description?

slow_rider

Established Member
I got the same issue but I bought overlays... now I am tired of them and want to go back to the stock look...

Anyone have the bulb type?? would like to just go buy some bulbs then tear into it....

Also how many bulbs to replace them all?? if I am looking at the right thing in those pics there are 13.. :shrug:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
nabisco

Aaron, I hate to be an ass, but if you'll read the reply I made, with the photos, it pretty much sums it up. Go to the Web Address I put on there, and look at it. If you have any questions after that, then would be the time to ask them ... but, atleast look at the information that was posted for your benefit.

Good luck (it's an easy job)

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
By the way, Aaron ... if that burnt out bulb is for some function you can do without (without the light), just let it go, for now. If you don't have an owner's manual to tell you what that specific light illuminates, hold a bright flashlight up near the lens, and you should be able to see the icon, and then decide if it's worth the trouble of pulling the cluster out.

Even though it's easy for an above average mechanic to do, there are quite a few things than can go wrong for the inexperienced mechanic ... it's kind of a delicate operation, but not impossible - as long as care is taken, and time is no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread