Need help with a birthday gift (XM users come in)

Teksid281

Banned
My girl's birthday is coming up and she drives an 06 civic. It has the premium audio package and I THINK it is XM ready. How would I go about getting this for her? The button for XM is built into the dash, so I assume she wouldn't need another receiver right? I've read something about needing the XM id off the back of the receiver but I'm not sure how I would get that. Sorry for the n00b questions, but I am horrible at finding my own answers online, and I want this to be a surprise so I cant ask her LOL. She probably knows exactly what to do. Thanks for any help guys/gals :beer:

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Just call XM. There is a button you push in the radio that tells you the recievers ID number. Or at least that is how it was with my Sirius in my 08 Mustang. But either way call XM and they can tell you. You'll have to be in the car though.

Teksid281

Banned
Ok well I can get in her car so that wont be a problem. I wonder if they will put an XM account in my name if its for a car someone else owns?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Shouldn't be a problem. My mustang was in my dad's name for insurance/finance purposes but the radio account was in my name.

Users who are viewing this thread