Need help with 3/5 drop

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I just got off the phone with summit and they said they couldn't help me with a 3/5 drop. They said they could only do a 1/1 and I laughted. I have heard bad things about summit racing but some good also. I have search all over the net. With no luck. My next move is to get a truckin mag. or some type of sport truck mag. and see what I can come up with. Or if someone knows of a kit which I doubt. A list of all the parts I need would be good. I have been brain storming on this for a few months. Now I have the money to do it, I can't find anybody that has a 3/5 so I turned to the forums. Please help.:beer:

Thanks,

Helix:thumbsup:

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
L.L. is the ghetto Lightning around here :p so I'm sure he can tell you....but good lord a 3/5 drop? It'll look great though. I just want some 2" drop shackles for mine lol

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I have talked to larry. But I haven't got the details from him. He told me DJM lower a-arms in the front with some kind of 1" spring. Then he has a chevolet 5" drop in the back because it makes it a little lower then the shackles made for the F-150. I just need to know where he ordered all this from and if this is all I need except for the c-notch.

Helix

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I just got off the phone with DJM and told them what I was looking for and he asked me who was installing it I told him I was. He said he really recommends I take it to a professional that lowers trucks for a living. He said the people that tell you they have lowered their trucks on their own and can't tell you what they have used or tell you where to get the products are full of bull. He said just take it to a professional and they can do a 3/5 there with no problem.

This is what he just told me.

Helix

Oh yeah, he also said the suspension on a 2003 Lightning is different then the suspension on a 2002 or previous lightning.

Last edited:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Go to sporttruckdirect.com They have a couple drop kits specific to the L. 3/5??? A little too low for me but it should look killer.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Hey man!! Thanks a lot venomous. Appreciate it. I called them and they said no problem on an 03. They just finished there 02. Handles like its on rails.

Thanks again,

Helix:beer:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Originally posted by Helix
Hey man!! Thanks a lot venomous. Appreciate it. I called them and they said no problem on an 03. They just finished there 02. Handles like its on rails.

Thanks again,

Helix:beer:

:) Glad they had what you were looking for. Post some pics when it's all installed. I've been looking at their smooth end caps and roll pan.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Sporttruck direct has their act together. I bought the smooth bedrail caps, all the side steps, and the roll pan. Glad you got the info you were looking for. I don't know why Summit and some of the other companies you mentioned gave you the run around. Mechanically, the Ls haven't really changed too much since 99 (I believe). I am running Eibach springs for a 99 L in my 03 with no problems. I am also running the rear shackles and perches for a 99; again with no worries. Just IMO, watch out if you have a deep sump tranny pan with a 3/5 drop...speedbumps could be expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread