Need help wiring Auto meter gauges!

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I'm wiring up the electrical water temp and oil pressure Autometer gauges in my Cobra.

Where do I hook up the power in and the dimmer for the gauges? Of the how-to's that I have seen they all say to use an add-a-circuit at fuse locations 35 and 37 under the dash. My fuse panel only goes 1 through 18. Does anyone know the comparable fuses to use on my '96?

Thanks for all your help!:beer:

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
Thanks for the info! I've already ran all the wires down to the fuse panel though.

So does anyone know which fuses are a switched power and the fuse for the gauge dimmer? If not the I guess I'll pull everything out and use the above wires.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm not sure about the dimmer..but a power on source is fuse #18 underneath the dash. I just used an 'add-a-fuse' to tap into it..but I only used it as a trigger wire to open up my relays.

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I'm not sure about the dimmer..but a power on source is fuse #18 underneath the dash. I just used an 'add-a-fuse' to tap into it..but I only used it as a trigger wire to open up my relays.

That was the one I was thinking of using for the power that I saw on the wiring diagram. I just needed confirmation! Thanks!:beer::rockon:

Now for the dimmer! I've already wired a potentiometer / rheostat into the gauge lights so I can dim / brighten to match the factory gauges. Just need to hook them into the factory dimmer circuit so I can dim all at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread