need help w/RAM long style clutch

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
I am switching to the PP adjustable long style sintered iron race style clutch for my track car and having issues with the TOB bearing length and the stock ball and fork for my stockish T-56. All I have really done to the T-56 is switch to the 26 spline input shaft and I have the McLeod input shaft cover which is OEM sized and I have a McLeod Bellhousing.

DO I need to find a different, shorter TOB than RAM (1.4") sells or/and switch to an adjustable BALL and fork combo, just looking for someone that has gone thru this. I have new bullet sitting on the floor and my T-56 misses bolting up by a 1/4 inch?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction as to what vendor to deal with to get what I need.

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
I run that clutch in Fox Body and had to change to the specific TOB for the Long PP. Mine already had the adjustable pivot ball on my Lakewood scattershield, so I don't know if that matters.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
I run that clutch in Fox Body and had to change to the specific TOB for the Long PP. Mine already had the adjustable pivot ball on my Lakewood scattershield, so I don't know if that matters.

Ratfink ( Jim ) has a great how-to showing the steps to alter the way the fork engages the TO by moving the whole fork/ball combo backwards and using the Lakewood 15503 adjustable cut to size pivot ball. I knew he had gone to the same RAM clutch but I couldn't find the original thread to save my life, he had a great recipe:

Checked-Out-Ratt-I-s-Clutch-w-pics

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
Thanks for the link!

He has a lot of good info in there for those that have never done it, or are having problems.

I had to grind down my clutch fork when I put mine in the car for the first time...actually had to take it in and out quite a few times to get the proper clearance.

I bought the Lakewood clutch fork that is for the Long Style PP in a Mustang, and it's sitting in the box just waiting for me to put it all back together.

Users who are viewing this thread