Need help w/cold air BBK

Ukuleleman

Installed headers and H-pipe last week, tried out car this past Sat. & Sun. car ran top shape. Could not belive the pull after 3500 RPM. Well yesterday installed BBK Pro-M 75 Mass Air Meter and BBK Cold induction system. Now motor seems to be holding back after 3000 RPM, even had a small backfire when shifting. If you drive the car easy you seem to have no problem, but when you get down on the throttle it seems to be holding back. When I ordered the Pro-M 75 it was to be calibrated for 1995 Cobra w/24 lb. injectors. Any advice welcome cause I gotta get car to run for around the island run this weekend.
Thanks for all the help and have A Happy & Safe New Year to all!
Aloha

Ginsu

Established Member
Your MAS may not be calibrated right or the little wires in it may be dirty or damaged. Also check the fitting of your CAI for air leaks.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
You may want to check and see if there is adequate room for the throttle blade to open and close. Sounds like it might be getting stopped by the CA tube. That is ofcourse if Ginsu isn't right.

Redsnk95

Established Member
Ukulelekane: Did you have the meter calibrated for 24lbs injectors? B/c (and Pro-M should have told you this) but if you buy an aftermarket meter for the 94-95 cobra the meter needs to have a different calibration. It needs to be calibrated for 19lb injectors. Since it is calibrated for 24lb injectors the car will run a little fat (hence the backfire). Check the calibration and call Pro-M.

troy

Ukuleleman

Mahalo for all the help

I took out the round screen from the original mas and installed it to the new Pro-75 and everything is running great!!!
Remembered someone on ths board saying not to drill or remove screen, so got the idea to put it back:bash:
Cruised this weekend, had a great time, and driving a FORD

Happy New Year Everyone
Aloha:coolman:

Ginsu

Established Member
Glad you got that fixed!!!

Don yea I took mine off. I really did not not notice a performance increase, and I really did not like the chrome and if I do keep this Cobra then I will eventually go forced induction so I would have to replace it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread