Need help - Vacuum Leak PCV to Lower Intake

DonMTV

Established Member
Hey everyone,
I had a vacuum leak and found that it was one of the elbows that connected this to the EGR on the left. Replaced with a hose elbow, but I still had an issue. Found out I was still leaking on the right elbow at the T. I got another elbow but this time it was a vacuum hose instead of heater hose. I am still having a problem with my car.

I can drive for awhile and it will start to drop RPM's like fuel or air is being cut off, but then ramp up and drive. It is like the car is stuttering. It will happen about 10-15 minutes into a drive. Yet, I will have days where it doesn't happen at all on my way to work. It is making me crazy. I had ZERO issues with my car running until my elbows had a hole in them.

So, I went online and bought this hose so I can replace it. I am thinking that when I replaced the elbows with non Ford stuff, I might have pulled on the hose to the lower part of the intake and caused a leaked. Original parts, so I am sure it is prone to disintegration.

Do I really have to take the supercharger off to get to this hose or is there another way? How much work is it to take it off? Should I get new bolts and gaskets for this job?

Thank you,
Don
s-l1600.jpg

Soap

Established Member
Yes you have to remove the whole top assembly. That line connects to the elbow on the bottom of the lower intake. Should only take a couple hours. No new bolts or gaskets are needed, just be careful and reuse them.

--Joe

DonMTV

Established Member
Yes you have to remove the whole top assembly. That line connects to the elbow on the bottom of the lower intake. Should only take a couple hours. No new bolts or gaskets are needed, just be careful and reuse them.

--Joe
Joe,
Thank you so much. I figured I had to take it off, but I was hoping that I didn't need to do that. Am I able to do it on my own or do I need help?

Don

bigmoose

Established Member
If you're pulling the SC I'd consider doing the lower intake gaskets while it's apart. They are not that expensive.

hotcobra03

Established Member
hose in pic isn' ours..

I had issues on that hose under blower..

this hose will harden..vs blow hole.

I found the hose on nipper will not pull off and was never installed with a clamp..

on mine..that hose would spin on nipple,this was enough to set po171/172..

some have plugged that hole..

best to pull blower as 1 unit.

remove all vacuum hoses and electrical wires..

you have to lift front up on 45deg angle to get it out..

I would do new intake gasket also..cheap.

the intake bolts..they are tiny..I used 1/4 drive tools about pinky tight..

89 newton meters..

many threads on snapped bolt..

also it best to clean intercooler..you will need new orings for cross over tubes..

Users who are viewing this thread