Need help using Predator

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I just need some help on getting to the Modify Parameters section. When I turn the predator on it shows:

Custom Tune
Diagnostics
Options

Were do I go after this? I just want to back my timing out alittle. Thanks in advance,

Tony

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
Go to Performance tune or (custom tune).....and then it will ask you do u agree and all that crap.....turn ignition on....then if its like mine it will give you the tunes to select.... 89 octane, 89 w/ pulley and the 91 octane then 91 w/pulley....and so on....... hit the one you want and then agree to the disclaimer instructions.....then go to modify tune on the next screen......it will go to the modify parameters......then select it....... And then you know what comes next. Hope it helps you.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Did everything like you said and it got me there, but now I got another questions. Everything is on 0. Is this right? the timing, the fuel is all on 0. Just wondering if its supposed to be like that or is something wrong? Thanks,

Tony

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I think its the 7.5 or something like that. Doesnt say on the box or manual. Not sure if it helps, but the programmer is like a see through green.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
MOORESPEED said:
I think its the 7.5 or something like that. Doesnt say on the box or manual. Not sure if it helps, but the programmer is like a see through green.

mines the old school version. i dont get to choose what octane im running, but i can mess with the a/f, gearing, all that stuff. if urs lets u choose the octane, its the upgraded version (newest).

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Download the revision, its alot better. More options. If the second screen shows a Progress Bar with "Booting ford_gas" then its the old revision.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Download the revision, its alot better. More options. If the second screen shows a Progress Bar with "Booting ford_gas" then its the old revision.
mine doesnt even say that.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I would download the new revision. They added alot of other parameters to change, as well as the Pulley and Non pulley tunes for 89, 91, and 93 octane fuels.(I believe)

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Yes mine is the old school version.

simshahh said:
mines the old school version. i dont get to choose what octane im running, but i can mess with the a/f, gearing, all that stuff. if urs lets u choose the octane, its the upgraded version (newest).

MOORESPEED

Established Member
All I need to know right now is if I have a custom tune, is it ok if I go in and take out alittle timing ( since I cant make it to the dyno right now) so its safe. Are the settings on 0 because I have a custom tune maybe?

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
MOORESPEED said:
All I need to know right now is if I have a custom tune, is it ok if I go in and take out alittle timing ( since I cant make it to the dyno right now) so its safe. Are the settings on 0 because I have a custom tune maybe?

if u dont know much about timing i wouldnt suggest playing with it, thats why i have left mine alone thus far...

Users who are viewing this thread