Need help, Theft light?

1FastZ06

Banned
I was driving and my car died, the mileage went blank just a bunch lines, it will spin over but not crank and it keeps flashing theft.....

Anyone know what I need to fix it? it is an 02 gt thanks

TcM-668

Di you have a chip in it ? That might do it. My R had a 4 place chip, and due to bad contacts, would go into schitz mode like that.

Pulled the chip and all was well.

If not, check your tune, revert it back to factory. Sounds like a computer/electrical connection issue.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I remember when my tune knob went to a different tune in my glove compartment one time and it killed my car. Switched it back to the original tune for it and it started right up. So maybe check that?

1FastZ06

Banned
Yeah, the car has a chip, I took it out still doing the same thing.

I spoke with a few people they think its the passive lock system. Basically they are saying my key lost the code? Does that sound right

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
That is also a possibility.

Your tuner can turn off the PATS system and then all you need to do is pull the indicator bulb.

Cuz it'll be a pretty penny to have your keys reflashed.

1FastZ06

Banned
Ok, so the key people came out and tried to re program the keys but the machine would not connect to the car. he said its not the keys. Any ideas of what the problem is?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
1FastZ06 said:
I was driving and my car died, the mileage went blank just a bunch lines, it will spin over but not crank and it keeps flashing theft.....

Anyone know what I need to fix it? it is an 02 gt thanks

MOVED:wf: :bash: :wf: :bash: :wf:

USE THE CORRECT DAMN FORUMS!

Users who are viewing this thread