need help...shifting issues >_<

The Guz

Established Member
whats up everyone....so i went to the track today its 1/8th mile

i ran 10 times and only 2 were good 0_o WTF!!

so my last time therer my fastest time was a 8.29 with like a 2.0 60ft but almost every run i was missing 3rd....so i couldnt have that i bought a barton 2 post shifter bracket and all seemed to be well on the steet, got a good deal on a barton shifter and everything got better i could slam every gear on the street and not miss any gear *happy guy
smile.png

then i went to the track today and 1st run missed 2nd and 3rd....it just locks me out ?!?
second run i do my burn out and line up turn my 2 step on try to put it in first and it wont go in??!!?? finally get it in i thought go to take off and the damn thing was in reverse WTF im getting pissed now..
next run was good i hit all gears and ran a 7.914 with a 1.671 60ft and .026 reaction time YAY!
then every run after that i would miss second... like its not me, even when i tried to shift slower cause i thought maybe i was shifting to fast and it still just wouldnt go in.....im almost over this car! i just ordered a clutch line and a whiteline trans bushing will this help....why would it do this, what could i do to fix it with out spending a ton of money to get a better clutch

mods:
Boss Manifold
jlt cold air intake
O/R x-pipe
dynomax race bullets in place or resonators
no mufflers
bama 93 race tune
barton shifter and 2 post bracket
sportline front springs
cut stock rear springs (only at track)
275/60/15 mickey thompson ET street radial pros

The Guz

Established Member
Get a MGW shifter.

I have never missed a shift since I got it.

i was looking at that, but its expensive and i just got the barton :( maybe if i can sell my barton and buy one.

its just bs that i have to buy all these parts for the car to work right...

The Guz

Established Member
You cant slam the mt-82 at high rpm you have to finess it into gear....

even when i tried to slow down my shifts like a lot lol it wold still just hit a wall :( idk coul it be the 2 post bracket cause it basically clamps down on the shifter box and doesnt let it torque with the rest of everything?

The Guz

Established Member
Like stated above.. Motor mounts or you can even try the Whiteline Transmission Busing Insert. I should have some let in stock if you want to check in with me in the morning. It does help but does not cure this issue in all cases.

ok thanks, i already have a whiteline trans bushing ordered...i think if that and the clutch line dont work im gonna do amotor mounts and a clutch and if that dont work im selling the damn thing lol

SCalla1384

Established Member
The best fix is a clutch... A twin disc clutch. Little things like solid motor mounts, WL trans bushing may help alittle, but it's not a permanent solution.

Also. If you already have a Barton and 2 post, don't waste money on an MGW. That's pointless

The Guz

Established Member
Also, what rpm are you shifting at? I'd say at the very least 7600rpm.

i have the bama tune for now cause their free when i add a new part, after i finish adding things im gonna do either a dyno tune or AED tune

the bama tune only goes to i think 7200...so ive been shifting around their....should i ask them to set it higher....i dont want to be too hard on my motor?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
how do you launch in reverse with these cars? You have to press down on the shifter to get into reverse.....

SCalla1384

Established Member
i have the bama tune for now cause their free when i add a new part, after i finish adding things im gonna do either a dyno tune or AED tune

the bama tune only goes to i think 7200...so ive been shifting around their....should i ask them to set it higher....i dont want to be too hard on my motor?

AED has free revisions on boss intake and headers.

I would strongly suggest having Shaun at AED tune it. He'll do a great job and eliminate things like clutch protection/torque managment.

Also, 7200 with a boss intake is to low. You'll want like 76-7800rpm.... And a new twin disc clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread