Need help pulling 2.80!!!

TheGrinch

Established Member
I am returning my car to stock and I need help pulling off the 2.80 pulley. I have the Steeda pulley puller and it is bending the 2.80 pulley. Is there any other way to pull off the pulley with the Steeda puller without bending the pulley? Any help is great...

Seth

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Did you call steeda on this? I would be concerned if I bought a product and it didnt work correctly.

TheGrinch

Established Member
i just talked to fred who works there, he said it should work, but he didnt know because he had never used it before and it being a weekend there was no to ask.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I think that may be why. Your best bet is to call Doug at billitflow and see if the backing plate he sells will work with the steeda puller. www.billitflow.com I doubt you will be able to get in touch with him until tuesday though. Hope this helps

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
You never stated what brand of pulley you're using. Is it a straight pulley or is it a pulley and hub system? If you're using a Reichard Racing 2.80 straight pulley....its not the puller, its the pulley. These "all aluminum" pulleys tend to bend when you pull them off. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread